And then there was nothing.

(May 30, 2008)

Day 45


update

I'm trying to edit my layout some, so if things look screwy for the next day or so, that's why. I'm just trying to find a way to display multiple pictures without too much clutter (I'm terrible at picking ONE picture every day, so a hierarchical system might be a way for me to display several), while maintaining a reasonably narrow band for the text.

Oh, and I'm totally NOT copying this guy...





Title: Nasal-Labial Folds

Liana was voted for Best Smile in 8th grade. Her dad is a dentist, so I'm not too surprised that happened. She does have a lovely smile, so it's nice that she does it all the time. Seriously, nonstop.

She's in town from Boston for her brother's high school graduation. We hung out the other night at Conor's with fellow Best Smile recipient Nick Larson. Today we decided to go to Snarf's, where the world's best sandwiches are made. Oh, and apparently they moved, so if you drive down Pearl looking for a beat-down trailer with sandwiches coming out the wazoo, then you might pass it by and not even realize it. They're now across the street from the trailer-park-with-only-one-trailer location in the most colorful building (save The Outlook Hotel...how annoyingly painted is that shit?). It was a pretty photogenic building, but since I'm still learning how to judge what manual settings I should adjust to get the best exposures, it always became slightly washed out. I could also just blame the direct sunlight...

Interview #2 with WOG. I was asked the following riddle:
There are two rooms with a door in between them. You are in one room with three light switches, and the other room has three light bulbs. You can open the door only once, after which you must be able to determine which switch goes to which bulb. How?

I had never heard this before, so it took me a few minutes with some probing questions by my interviewer, Dave. He was wearing a tshirt and jeans, and it had taken me half an hour to iron my button-down shirt. At least according to Liana, I looked sharp.


2 comments:

Andreas said...

Hi Michael,

THIS GUY just found six visitors in his stats that came from a place he didn't know :)

Interesting images. Care to tell me why exactly you do it, this daily photographing business? What do you get out of it, where are you heading, what are your influences?

Unknown said...

I really dig being associated with nasal-labial folds. Haha. I also love that I apparently don't brush my hair or sleep:) Good times buddy.

email
mike at rhymeswithmilk.com