And then there was nothing.

(January 10, 2009)

Day 270

Bad Moon Rising

So you know all that complaining I've done about Flickr messing up my colors? I've been wrong this whole time. Firefox is the true culprit.

Firefox doesn't have their color management turned on by default because it can slow your browsing by up to 30%, but you can manually turn it on. Viola, my pictures are vibrant again. Except for the one above... So sorry to those of you that I offended with my hyper-saturation in an attempt to make up for Firefox's shortcomings, as seen on Day 218.

Check out this article. It's a pretty good summary of my love/hatred for Chrome, and as a double bonus, it summarizes how different browsers manage color profiles (Hint: Safari defaults to badassiness, so good on ya, Mac users.).

2 comments:

Morgan said...

i like this. a lot.

Unknown said...

Hello! Someone is reading your blog from
the shores of the Peruvian Amazon so HA!
Morgan seems nice.

email
mike at rhymeswithmilk.com