And then there was nothing.

(May 7, 2008)

Day 22


update


Title: Ending From The Start


We played scrabble at Ally's mom's place. I said "labia" and "penis" in front of Ally's mom...I guess that's kind of awkward. She took it like a champ, though. Then I stopped caring about the game (so shoot me if Qtip isn't in the butt-fucking official scrabble dictionary), someone got mad and quit, and shit got lame. I peaced out at that point.

I like it when Sophia sits on my lap.

Title: Reveal Yourself





Title: I Fear No Evil


Nerves-B-Gone, the official stop your heart, stop your emotions miracle drug in tasty, bite sized chewable tablets. Pick yours up today.

I'm not nervous anymore.

The last job interview I had was for the Café. I went in expecting to have to convince them to hire me, but the whole thing was just a tour of the kitchen. The only question I was asked was if I could purchase a black collard shirt and khaki pants before Wednesday so that I could start training. Some interview that was.

Today I had a preliminary phone interview for an IT position at a mid-sized company in Superior. I was nervous as fuck. I couldn't breath pretty much all day. For some reason, my nerves have grown tenfold in the last few years. I never used to get to get nervous for stuff (sometimes for class presentations, but nothing that I couldn't handle), but it's gotten out of hand. I have been dreading 4:00pm on May 7th for a few days now, and indirectly dreading it for weeks since I first applied for the job.

Did I mention that I know the woman that interviewed me? I've known her (Amy) socially for a few years now, and I think that only made my nerves worse. If I totally froze up and fucked up an interview with some John Doe, it wouldn't have made a difference. I could have gone fetal and felt bad for myself for 10 minutes, then moved on with my life. If I fucked up with Amy, I'd have to face her on Friday at Ally's graduation. She can get uber businesswoman if she wants to, and I was afraid that the interview was going to be like being in front of a firing squad.

As it turns out, she was extremely conversational. I felt like I was just sitting with her talking about...stuff. I didn't feel like every word I spoke was being scrutinized. I guess since she knew me, I also bypassed a big portion of the interview. She already knows I'm not a total creeper, so she didn't need to ask a bunch of questions surrounding that. In the end, I rocked the shit out of it. Holla.

To celebrate I made myself a Tanqueray Tonic (which was a leftover from the retreat in Beaver Creek) and a cinnamon-raisin bagel with cream cheese. I used the same (sharp) knife to cut the lime for the drink as I did for spreading the cream cheese. When I finished, I licked it to get the cheese off and cut my tongue. It wasn't bad, but there was a stripe of blood running down the center. It was kind of neat...I guess. I felt like a vampire or some shit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 PM!!!!! Lots better than running around Pearl Street looking for a computer 1/2 shit-faced at 11:56.

Photomoto said...

Pill popper.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you... I told you you would rock it.
TWILIGHT is amazing...

The A in AJ said...

Hands down, that vampire video was the weirdest shit I have ever seen. I think that's fair enough to say. Super funny.

You're a baller dude. Way to rock it wit the interview duuude..

email
mike at rhymeswithmilk.com