And then there was nothing.

(May 10, 2008)

Day 25




Picture 1: My dad's redoing the basement. There's wall-splatter crap on the lights. He should leave it like that.
Picture 2: My little cousin. Cutest little guy in the world. My little daughter. Cutest little doggy in the world.
Picture 3: Self explanatory.

I got some fantastic gifts for graduation. Thanks to everybody that gave me something, said "congrats", came to any of the parties, or wished me well (even if you just said it to yourself). Among the gifts I got was a bottle of 2006 The Med red wine (the link goes to the '05) given to me by Robbie, my financial adviser / boyfriend-in-law (wtf?). I was carrying it and a million other things in a paper bag, and the bottom ripped right when I pulled it out of my car. The bottle shattered in the middle of the street, and my camera, Rubik's cubes, graduation cards and money, and slippers were lying in the puddle.

And now my camera's broken because of it.

It's not unfixable, but it might be out of commission for a little while. The door to the memory card snapped and basically turned into dust, so I need to get that fixed. The camera itself is fine, but if the door is open, the camera won't turn on. I can either retro-fit something that presses the little door-closed trigger, or I can use another camera for a little while while I get a new door put on.

Either way, I have some news. I wasn't going to say this, but in light of me being rendered cameraless, I guess I'll tell you. I bought my new camera today. I'm lacking a few essentials right now (eg lenses), but those will be soon to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie sort of looks like she may go after Brayden... it's that crazy look in her eye that she gets when she's about to bite Hannah's back leg... maybe it's her bad side, though. I love the picture.

The A in AJ said...

I agree with Ally. Bonnie's got that look in her eye...that hungry look.

Yay for your new camera!

Sorry to hear about all the mass destruction caused by your bad ripping. :(

Have a good one!

Diane said...

I love that picture with Brayden and Bonnie, so nice work! I hope when I have kids they're as cute as Brayden...

email
mike at rhymeswithmilk.com