And then there was nothing.

(May 28, 2008)

Day 43

Title: Sucker

I got my new 55-200mm midrange telephoto lens today, but only half an hour before I had to leave for work. I didn't get to use it much, but I'm pretty excited to start playing with it.

I took three potential photo-of-the-day photos today. The first one was my first self-portrait with this camera, and I really liked it. There are a few things that I would like to improve on it, so I'm not going to post it quite yet. I'll reshoot it sometime down the line and hopefully it'll turn out exactly the way I want it to.

The second picture was another cleaning picture. Last thursday when Ally left for Vegas, I decided that the house needed to be cleaned, so I thought I would do it before she got home to surprise her. I was showering at one point thinking about it (cleaning), and a potential picture popped into my head. I then did the dishes, got bored with cleaning, and put it off until today. Sorry Ally, I meant to surprise you. Anyway, I took the picture today, and again I wasn't too pleased with the outcome. I've had this problem before when I try to preplan photos. I think I could shoot it better, so next time I clean I'll try it again.

The third picture is the one you get up there ↑. It was the only one of the three that I wasn't excited about taking today, but it's the one I liked the best. I actually do kind of like it, honestly. I just wish that Bonnie had been looking up for a little longer so you could see her face. I guess her chicken leg will have to do.


1 comments:

Diane said...

That guy died. Is that why you're saying you're greater than him? Because you're still alive and kickin'?

PS - I know that it was posted yesterday, but I'm too lazy to post another comment, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE that picture of the iris. Those are my favorite flowers :)

email
mike at rhymeswithmilk.com