And then there was nothing.

(April 22, 2008)

Day 7

Title: Rainbows

These are Emily Rubin's feet. We hung out today for a short while on a certain rooftop study area on campus that I'm quite fond of. There's hardly ever anybody there, and I like it that way, so I'm not going to tell you where we were. Now you want to know, huh?

I'm going to Beaver Creek for a few days this week. I may or may not have internet access, so I might not post again after tomorrow until Sunday...just so you know. Ally works for her mother's company which is going there on a company retreat to do team building shit and stuff. I'm one of two non-employees that is allowed to come (the other being the company president's (Ally's mom's) boyfriend). Since the employees are going to be doing their own thing the whole time, I have nothing to do except to hang out and explore and jack off. Then I'll join them for nice fancy dinners. See how that works? I get all the good stuff without having to go through the boring crap.

The only problem is that ski season is over and everything is going to be closed. Hopefully it won't be ghost town style, but I guess all the fun stuff has already shut down. Hiking and other outdoor activities might even be difficult since it's still winter in the mountains and the snow is still eighty million inches deep. What might be an option, though, is I could build a sweet snow fort and start a fire like Les Stroud would. Then I could walk back to the hotel, pick up the aforementioned nice fancy dinner, and reheat it over the fire in my fort. If a mountain lion tried to take the food from me, I'd just reach into the cubbyhole that I build into the side of my fort to hold my arsenal of snowballs, and launch one right at the motherfucker's eyeball. "You want my Caesar salad, do you? Well how would you like a nice iceball sandwich, bitch?"

Yeah, that would definitely be a nice way to occupy my time.






*NOTE: These are the answers to the math questions on Day 79.

1) One 50, five 20s, and one 5

2) $1506

3) One 50, sixty-one 20s, eight 10s, eighteen 5s, and sixty-six 1s. Click here to see my work for this problem. I don't have a scanner so I did my best to make this as legible as possible.

1 comments:

Michael said...

Anonymous daddy said...
Jesus Christ...
I laughed so hard, I can just see you doing that. 'Cept, I think you should catch a trout and eat it like Bear. Have fun.
April 24, 2008 4:47 PM

Blogger Diane said...
Dude, I have to agree with Dad. I was laughing my ass off with this! But I bet I posted my comment faster than he did because he types like a pigeon pecks at food on the ground.
April 25, 2008 1:10 PM

Anonymous AJ said...
Not only is this a great post by Mike, but the family as well. (Awesome simile Diane.)

Really, you're just funny.

I may have thought those feet were yours. Which is to say, you both have lovely (feminine) feet.
April 28, 2008 7:36 AM

email
mike at rhymeswithmilk.com